Friday 18 May 2018

Otedola Denies Lagos Governorship Ambition


Nigerian billionaire and chairman of Forte Oil, Femi Otedola, has debunked claims that he is planning to contest as Lagos State governor in 2019.

There have been reports making the rounds that the oil mogul was preparing to contest for public office, with some online commentators specifically claiming that the businessman would run for Lagos governorship seat in the next election.

But Mr Otedola debunked the rumour in a tweet today. “My attention has been drawn to a news piece where false information from a parody account was posted,”

“I am a man of the people and I will always be on the side of the masses but I am stating clearly via this medium that I am not running for office.”

“The Governor of Lagos State is doing a commendable job and Lagosians should be proud of him,” he tweeted.

No comments:

Post a Comment